Do you ever feel clouded, lost, or confused? Unable to make sense of what matters? Or what life is all about? You are not alone... Not only is it hard to discover your purpose and your mission in life, its difficult to keep it in sight. But why?
We are so inundated with information, day in and day out. There is so much competing for our attention, that our own voice within us becomes quieter and quieter, and over time it reaches the point that it is completely muted.
Its no wonder we feel lost. We listen to so many channels of information, that our brains become hard wired to listen to everything, and therefore everyone, but ourselves. We Turn to google and social media before we look within ourselves, or even think about turning to our God.
Our Culture has become so fast paced that we rely on comments, likes and page views over what we feel is right. We make decisions based on what everyone tells us, we let it turn down the volume of our voice within.
We look outside ourselves for acceptance... approval... and validation, its human nature. But the landscape of our society has dramatically shifted that from a need to an addiction. We are all dying to be in the public eye, we want to be liked, we want to get traction through our online presence. Which is not necessarily a bad thing, when you are being authentic to your voice. This addiction has transferred into day to day life. We rely heavily on pleasing the people around us. but to what price? Is it worth loosing your voice? Is it worth the price of being on the path to your purpose?
You have one life and its happening right now. You have to consciously make every minute of your days how YOU want them. Its not about what is expected of you by others, its about what you expect of yourself. Its time to stop clouding your purpose, its time to take charge of your life and live with passion. Its time for you to Design the life you love. You are the designer. Don't let anyone take that from you.
So You want to design the life you love? The first step is to discover clarity in your vision and purpose... Master these 5 steps and you will find yourself on the path of living your dreams.
Here are 5 steps to Discovering your Clarity.
1. Dial in your Focus- When you look through the lens of a camera you have to dial in the focus. You have to make adjustments to the shot until its clear. You have to do this for every single photo you take. Its not a one time thing. We can apply this concept to life. To keep clarity in life you have to dial in your focus. You have to keep finding the vehicles that put you in alignment with your purpose.
2. Find your Passion Find your Purpose- What you are passionate about becomes the vehicle that keeps you on a path of purpose. If you are not doing what you love, you will continue to feel clouded. It becomes harder to see what you are meant to do. If you ever feel lost, find your passion. Use it to reset your focus. Your Passion is your calling. It should be a staple in everything you do. Live your life with Passion, and you will discover your purpose.
3. Create a LIFE-Style Guide- When a designer creates a style guide there is a science behind it. Its made up of exact colors, Textures, fonts, logos, when logos are to be used when they are not, what feeling the imagery and vision is supposed to create and translate to the customer on the receiving end of it. A Brand is more that just a logo. A Brand is the relationship you create with your customers. Its how the public feels about the brand. A Fashion line goes through extensive research, where is the inspiration pulled from, what colors are used, what textiles, patterns, shapes sewing and tailoring style. And most importantly how does it all work together. In any scenario when it comes to design, Everything has to fit together. Everything has to work with it. If something doesn't fit, it doesn't become a part of it.
We try way too hard keep people, possessions, and other things in our lives that tear us way from our purpose. It might sound heartless, but you have to be careful who you allow to take time in your life. If someone is negative and brings you down, its okay to distance yourself. If there are things in your life that pull you away from your inspiration, maybe its time to refresh the design of your home, you have to surround yourself with what inspires you and interact with the people who inspire you. Helping people is very important, but if someone doesn't want to help themselves and becomes a distraction from your purpose, its okay to move on. Keep the things in your life that fit the lifestyle you want to live.
4. Always be A Student- You owe it to yourself to nourish your mind, body, and soul. You have to try new things to discover what you are passionate about. We are drawn to things for a reason. Find what you love. Learn about yourself, through experience, discovery, and personal development. Read the books that serve your purpose, listen to podcasts, watch the movies that inspire you, Go to the class or event that brings you value in your life. The moment we think we know it all we loose sight, and become clouded. When this happens dive into a new book, training program, or any other avenue of training and education. There are people inventing new things every day. This world is changing by the minute. There is always something new that could help you, and refocus on your calling.
5. Daily Reminders of Your Intention- I'm talking Dream boards, Goals, I Am Statements, Your purpose has to be staring at you in the face. Your Goals and Dreams must be visualized every single day. You have to keep the vision of your dream life design in your mind at all times. When you forget, have something to remind you. Keep your Dream boards in sight, Read your I am statements and visualize them as you do. Attach emotion to it emotion brings dreams to life. Once you discover your purpose and your passion, constantly remind yourself of it. Keep it at the forefront your mind. Continue to focus and re focus regain clarity of what you stand for, and why you do what you do.
"The Things you are passionate about are not random. They Are your Calling." -Fabienne Fredrickson
When you are armed with The power of clarity you attract reminders of your purpose into your life. You start seeing the beauty of your purpose unfold in the world around you. All as a little nod of approval, that you are on the right path. Keep what you do about the WHY you do it. If you feel disconnected, or clouded. Follow the five steps to refocus, and reconnect, as you do you will live with intention and clarity, on the path to your dreams.
How have you discovered clarity in your life? I'd love to hear from you in the comments.